- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound chuck hamburger meat
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 T Sofrito (I prefer Goya brand)
- 1/2 C stuff Manzanilla olives
- 1/2 C capers (non-pareilles)
- 3/4 C golden raisins
- (Use large fry pan)
Saute the onion in the olive oil for 5 min., add the green pepper and garlic. Saute for 3 min. Add hamburger meat and break up well, brown the meat.
Drain all on lots of paper towels on plate. But back in large fry pan.
Add salt & pepper, 1 can tomato sauce, and 1/2 can water, and 2 T Sofrito. Stir and simmer on low for 15 to 20 min. until most of the liquid is absorbed. Stirring frequently. Add the olives, capers, and raisins. Mix well, cook 5 min. more. Stir and serve.
This is served over white rice. Goes well with a side of peas and/or fried plantains.