- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound chuck lean hamburger meat
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15-oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 T Sofrito (I prefer Goya brand)
- 1/2 C stuff Manzanilla olives
- 1/3 C capers (non-pareilles)
- 3/4 C golden raisins
- (Use large fry pan)
Saute the onion in the olive oil for 5 min., add the green pepper and garlic. Saute for 3 min. Add hamburger meat and break up well, brown the meat.
Drain all on lots of paper towels on plate. But back in large fry pan.
Add salt & pepper, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and 2 T Sofrito. Add the dried oregano, cumin, and paprika. Stir and add the olives, capers, and raisins. Simmer on low for 25 to 30 min. until most of the liquid is absorbed. Stirring frequently.
This is served over white rice. Goes well with a side of peas and/or fried plantains.