What’s spring without a great chicken salad, this one has succulent oven roasted chicken, juicy grapes and crunchy cashews drenched with a creamy curry dressing!
- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise (Use Hellmann’s)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoon curry powder
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 cup salted cashews, lightly chopped
- 6 large stalks celery, diced
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 6 scallions, finely sliced
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Arrange chicken breast skin side up on baking sheet. Coat with olive oil and sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. Roast for 30 to 35 minutes, or until done. Let cool.
In the meantime, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, curry powder, honey and a heaping 3/4 teaspoons salt in a medium bowl.
When chicken is cool enough to handle, remove skin and pull meat off bones. Cut into small bite-sized pieces. Add the chicken to dressing. Add the cashews, celery, grapes, and scallions. Toss well. Taste, adjust seasonings to taste. Serves 8