- 1 pound jumbo lump crab
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons old bay seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon finely minced parsley
- 1 cup finely smashed Ritz crackers (divided 2/3 cup and 1/3 cup)
- 1/4 cup oil (or more if needed)
Gently combine the crab, egg, old bay, Worcestershire, mayonnaise, Dijon, parsley and 2/3 cup cracker crumbs until thoroughly mixed.
Form the mixture into 6 crab cakes by rolling into tight balls and gently pressing down to flatten.
Coat each crab cake in the remaining 1/3 cup of unused crater crumbs and then place them on a plate or cookie sheet tray lined with parchment paper.
Pour the oil into a large frying pan over medium heat and once the oil is hot, add the crab cakes and cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown and cooked through. Set aside to drain on a rack or paper towels.
HOMEMADE TARTAR SAUCE:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup finely chopped dill pickle
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle juice
Mix all ingredients in a bowl. Chill for 1 hour before serving.