LUMP CRAB BITES
Something so elegant taste so delicious! Combining jumbo lump crabmeat with shredded cheese and some other ingredients turns this into a simple and easy appetizer sure to please everyone at the party!
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise (I use Hellmans)
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup jumbo lump crabmeat, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Worchestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped green onions
- 2 packages Athens Phyllo Shells (contains 15 cups each)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Use a large cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
In a small bowl, combine mustard, mayo, Worcestershire sauce and green onions. Add crabmeat and cheese and mix by hand until well mixed.
Take each phyllo cup one at a time and fill with about one heaping tablespoon of crab mixture. Place on the cookie sheet. Repeat until every shell is filled.
Baked in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes. Serve warm.
STUFFED MINI-PEPPERS WITH GOAT CHEESE
Delicious and easy to prepare, what more can you ask for in an appetizer!
- 4 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 (5.3 oz.) goat cheese, room temperature (I use Chavrie)
- 3 teaspoons dried cranberries, chopped
- 3 tablespoons green onion, thinly sliced and chopped
- 2 packages (8 oz.) mini sweet bell peppers, cut in half length wise and cleaned
- Optional: parsley for garnish
Bring goat cheese to room temperature.Cut peppers in half lengthwise, remove seeds and caps. Set aside. Place goat cheese in a medium bowl. Finely chop cranberries and walnuts, add to bowl. Thinly slice and chop green onions and add to bowl. Stir all together to incorporate and blend well. Set aside.
Fill peppers with about 1 teaspoon of the cheese mixture and arrange on serving platter. Optional: Garnish with chopped parsley. Keep chilled until ready to serve. (NOTE: you’ll have leftover peppers, just use them in other dishes, makes 30 mini-stuffed peppers)