- 1 pound elbow macaroni, cooked according to package directions
- 3.5 ounce cans solid white albacore tuna, drained
- 6 large hard boiled eggs, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 4 ribs celery, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 3/4 cup good mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, minced
- 1-2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and add the elbow macaroni. Cook approximately 7 minutes or according to package directions. Drain well and rinse with cold water until pasta is cooled. Make sure it is drained well.
In a large mixing bowl, toss together cooked noodles, tuna, eggs, onion, celery and peas.
In another small bowl, wish together the mayonnaise, vinegar, dill, sugar, relish, dijon mustard, salt and pepper.
Pour sauce over pasta mixture and toss until everything is well coated, break up the tuna slightly. Cover the bowl and chill for at least 1 hour before serving. Serves 8