This is a delicious salad that happens to be KETO friendly! It’s a meal on it’s own, but great served along side tomato soup. Healthy, fresh cauliflower and poached chicken combined with other great ingredients makes this meal very satisfying!
- 1 head raw cauliflower, cut or torn into small pieces
- 1/2 pound crispy fried or baked bacon (crumbled) (save a little of the bacon for garnish)
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken, poached or baked
- 1/2 cup sugar (or 1/3 cup truvia if watching carbs)
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 medium sweet onion, (cut in rings and then rings are cut in half)
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 package feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, (torn or cut into bite size pieces)
Poach (or bake) 2-3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (according to size).*(see my poaching directions at the bottom). Set aside to cool.
In a large bowl, add cauliflower (small pieces), bacon, lettuce, onion, and diced chicken. In another small bowl, mix mayonnaise and sugar. Add mayonnaise and sugar mixture to large bowl with other ingredients. Mix well. Add parmesan cheese and feta cheese on top and mix again.
Refrigerate and let cool for approximately 2 hours. Serve on a bed of lettuce with a sprinkle of bacon bits for garnish. Serves 4-6
Note: This is even great the next day!
*NOTE: How to poach chicken: Place chicken breast in a large deep pan. Cover with chicken stock at least an inch over the chicken. Add a few sprigs of thyme or a dash of dry thyme. Bring to a low boil and then simmer for approximately 15 minutes or until an instant thermometer reads 165 degrees. Take out of the pan and let cool, then dice. After diced, sprinkle with a little season salt (or regular salt and pepper).
(This is a variation of a friends recipe from the Keys)
Going to try it, sounds good!