- 4 T soy sauce (divided-1 T & 3 T)
- 3 tsp. toasted sesame oil (divided 1 tsp. & 2 tsp.)
- 1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 head napa cabbage, thinly shredded (about 6 cups)
- 1/4 head red cabbage, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1 large carrot, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 3 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup-include greens)
- 1 (11 oz.) can Mandarin oranges in water, drained
- 1/3 C rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. minced ginger
- 2 T canola oil
- 2 T brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. chili sauce
- 1/2 C cashews (roasted & salted)
- 1/4 C sliced almonds (toasted)Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine 1 T soy sauce and 1 tsp. sesame oil and brush onto chicken breasts. Arrange in a baking dish and bake until the juice runs clear, about 25-30 minutes. Remove from oven, cool completely, and cut into 1/4 inch chunks. (can make this the day before and leave in the refrigerator until ready to mix in salad).
In a large bowl, combine Napa cabbage, red cabbage, carrot, scallions, cashews, Mandarin orange & cooked chicken. In a separate bowl, whisk together 3 T soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger, canola oil, 2 tsp. sesame oil, brown sugar, chili sauce and blend well.
Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine. Divide around plates and top each serving with 2 tsp. toasted almonds. Serves 5-6
- Notes: If you can find Bell & Evans Chicken, get it! It’s the best tasting!
- Napa Cabbage can be found at most super markets.
- I love my Salad Shooter for shredding!
- Always toast your almonds, but be careful, they can burn fast!
CHICKEN, ENTREES, Soups and Salads
Wow! That was fast!!!!
Sent from my iPhone
Had it ready to go! Just needed the picture💗💗
You are so quick sending this delicious recipe!! Thanks for sharing. Lunch was just fabulous and such a treat! You really do entertain like no one else. Everything you prepare is yummy, lovely and inviting and it is a joy being at your house.
Thanks so much.
Have a wonderful September and I will see you in October.
Thanks Gail! Always a pleasure to have you as a guest! Have a great vacation. XXX Mary
looks AMAZING Mom!!!!
Thanks Son! It was delicious! XXX
Going to try this one over the weekend. I know we have the same knives, but now I see we also have the same salad bowl too! Great minds think alike. Today is my mom’s birthday and she is back in the hospital again. Taken there last night with another UTI. She is still very funny and sweet and none of the hospital staff could believe she is 87 years old. I have been watching all the posts re your trip with Mitch and Marquita. Looks like you had a wonderful time. I really enjoyed seeing this and sure others did as well. Let’s talk soon so we can catch up.
Sent from my iPad
Sylvia, thanks so much! We have always though alike! Hope you enjoy it! Sorry about your Mom, she was always funny and sweet, I hope she improves. Please give her a big hug from me. We had a great trip with Mitch and Marquita. They are so special to us! Let’s chat soon. Love,Mary