If you love mushrooms like I do, this quick marinara sauce is perfect! With the addition of good shrimp, the outcome will please the best of palates!
- 3 T olive oil
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 pint baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 1 pound cleaned and deveined Key West Shrimp
- 1 T sun-dried tomato paste
- 2 T fresh basil, finely chopped or 1 tsp. dried basil
- salt & pepper to taste
- Spaghetti of choice, cooked according to package directions
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese to taste when serving
Heat olive oil in large sauté pan, add onion and bell pepper, cook for 5 minutes on medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Add the pint of cherry tomatoes, cover and cook for 3-4 minutes. Using a potato smasher, smash the cherry tomatoes to make sure they are opened. Cook 3 minutes more. Add the mushrooms, basil, and sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Cook 3 minutes more. Add 3 cups of tomato sauce and 1 tablespoon of sun-dried tomato paste. Stir, cover, and let simmer on low for 15 minutes. Add the shrimp, stir, and let simmer for an additional 10 minutes. Serve immediately over cooked spaghetti. Top with grated cheese. Serves 4
Thanks so much! It was delicious!
Thanks, looks yummy. 🙂
Thanks so much!
Sent from my iPhone