- 1- 12 oz. package Alfresco Sweet Apple Chicken Sausage
- 1/2 (10 oz.) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained and squeezed with paper towels
- 1/4 C seasoned Panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 C graded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 C cream cheese, soften (can use low-fat)
- 40 small white mushrooms, stems removed and cleaned out inside, wiped with wet paper towel
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil for drizzle
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove casings from sausage and since this is a chicken sausage, you have to cut it up slightly and process in a food processor to break it up and crumble. Place 2 T olive oil in a medium fry pan, saute the sausage until browned (about 8 to 10 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in spinach, bread crumbs, cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper until well combined. Set aside.
Using a teaspoon, stuff the mushroom caps evenly with the sausage mixture. Place on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Bake 15-20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.
Note: You can use regular Italian Sausage instead of Chicken Sausage, if you do, you can eliminate the need to use the food processor, just take the casings of the Italian sausage and break it up in the frying pan while sauteing. Then follow the rest of the recipe!