It doesn’t get any easier than this!
- 4 Bosc pears, peeled and sliced
Different types of Pears
- 1 jar lemon curd
- 1/2 C sliced almonds
- Caramel for garnish
- 1 Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust
- Cinnamon/Sugar for dusting
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place pie crust on tart pan and press into place (up the sides). Prick holes in the dough with a fork, set aside. Peel, core, and cut the pears into small slices (about 1/4 inch slices) and place in a bowl. Place the entire jar of lemon curd in the bowl with the pears and mix lightly to distribute throughout (using your hand is best). Add the almonds and mix carefully trying not to break up the pears. Place the pears in a circular pattern covering the entire pie dough. Pour any excess lemon curd and almonds evenly around the pears. Bake for 30 minutes, or until the pears are tender and the crust is golden brown. Sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar for the topping. When serving, cut in to large pieces and place on a plate that you have drizzled jar caramel with (such as Smuckers). Serve with homemade almond whipped cream. Serves 8
ALMOND WHIPPED CREAM: (Note: use cold whipping cream)
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- In a large bowl, whip cream until stiff peaks are just about to form. Beat in almond extract and sugar until peaks form. Make sure not to over-beat, cream will then become lumpy and butter-like. Place in a small plastic bag. When ready to serve, snip one small hole in a corner of the bag and pipe it on the tart.