- 1 cup Craisins (dried cranberries)
- juice from 2 fresh large navel oranges
- 1/2 C Extra virgin olive oil
- fresh graded sea salt and back pepper to taste
- salt & pepper
- buttermilk for soaking
- 6 chicken breast, pounded flat (I prefer Murray’s Natural Chicken Breast)
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup crushed pistachios
- 1 cup seasoned Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 C graded parmesan cheese
- Flour for dredging
- Salt, pepper to taste
- Olive oil for frying
Preheat oven to 170 degrees. Prepare three bowls — one containing just enough flour to coat chicken breast, another containing the eggs and Dijon mustard, and the third containing a mixture of equal parts crushed pistachios and Panko crumbs and parmesan cheese.
Take chicken out of buttermilk and lay out on foil or wax paper. Salt and pepper the chicken breast on both sides and then coat in flour. Shake off excess flour, and then dip in eggs/Dijon mustard mixture and then into thePanko/pistachio crumbs (you most likely will not need to use all of it).
Heat olive oil in nonstick frying pan over medium heat, and fry breast for approximately 4 minutes on both sides or until the chicken is nicely browned. (Note: Oil is ready for frying with you place the handle of a wooden spoon in the oil and you see tiny bubbles.) Transfer breast an oven proof pan, place in the oven (170 degrees) to keep warm while you make the salad.
BABY SPINACH SALAD:
- 2 packages baby spinach
- 1 pt. fresh strawberries, cut in half
- 1 container fresh cut up pineapple
- 1/2 C chopped Walnuts
- 1 container of crumbled Feta Cheese
- 1 container of goat cheese
Isn’t this a cute way of displaying crackers, etc. You can even serve stick vegetables in it. I bought it at Sur La Table.