EASY SPINACH, FETA, & CHEDDAR QUICHE
- 1 Pre-made pie crust (I use Pillsbury) thawed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- 1 4 oz. package mushrooms, (button or baby bella), sliced
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 10 ounces chopped frozen spinach, thawed and drain well
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 8 ounce shredded sharp cheddar cheese (I use Sargento)
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk (can be 1%, 2%, or whole)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the pre-made pie crust in a deep dish pie pan. Pat around and up the sides, no need to pre-bake.
Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add the onion and mushrooms and sauté until softened, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add in garlic and cook 1 minute more. Place a paper towel in fry pan and soak up any liquid, discard paper towel. Turn heat off and stir in spinach (make sure you squeezed with your hands the spinach and take as much water out as possible, blotting with paper towels), feta, and cheddar cheese. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into the prepared pie plate.
In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour egg mixture over the spinach mixture in the prepared pie plate.
Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, until eggs are set. Let cool 10 minutes before slicing and serving. Serves 8.
(Note if you want to make this crustless, just eliminate the pie crust and pour mixture directly into a greased pie plate, bake same amount of time)
(I doubled the recipe and made two!)