AMBROSIA FRUIT SALAD TRIFLE
Here’s your EASY Memorial Day, Summer, no bake dessert that will surely please all palates and ages! Light and fresh and chilled! You can even make it the day ahead! Go ahead, permission to indulge!! (Note: If you just want delicious Ambrosia Fruit Salad, stop the recipe as noted and do not buy the Angel Food Cake!)
- 16 oz. frozen whipped cream, thawed (such as Cool Whip)
- 2- 5.3 oz. vanilla flavor Greek yogurt
- 23.5 oz. canned or jarred mandarin oranges, well drained (24 segments set aside for garnish)
- 1 C crushed pineapple, well drained
- 16 oz. jar maraschino cherries, well drained (14 held aside for garnish)
- 2 C green seedless grapes, halved
- 2 C shredded coconut
- 2 C mini marshmallows
- 1 C walnuts, chopped
- 1 small can pineapple rings (for garnish-optional)
- 1 prepared, store bought Angel Food Cake
Stir together whipped cream and Greek yogurt in a large bowl.
Add coconut and marshmallows and stir until completely combined.
Fold in oranges, pineapple, grapes, cherries, and walnuts (except the 14 cherries and 24 orange segments you separated).
(NOTE: If you just want delicious Ambrosia Fruit Salad, you can stop here and refrigerate at least 4 hours for plain Ambrosia!)
Take the prepared Angel Food Cake out of the container and cut it up in large chunks. Have your Trifle bowl ready!
Layer as follows: one layer of Ambrosia, spread around, one layer of Angel Food Cake, then another layer of Ambrosia, another layer of cake, and top of last layer of Ambrosia. (Each layer should be thick).
Smooth out the top and decorate with the cherries, mandarin orange slices and pineapple ring as shown in the picture.
Let sit covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator a minimum of 4 hours, but you could leave overnight!
(Note: you might have a little leftover cake and pineapple, just use at your discretion for another time!)