Such a delicious dinner and everyone will rave! It will come together fast and the family will love it!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds of thinly sliced top sirloin
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/2 thinly sliced yellow onion
- 1 1/2 cups each sliced cremini and button mushrooms
- 2 finely minced garlic
- 1/4 cup brandy or white wine
- 1 1/2 cups beef stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tablespoon coarse ground mustard or dijon
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley and more for garnish
- 1 pound wide egg noodles, boiled and cooked according to package directions
- sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
Add the oil to a large pan or pot over medium-high heat and cook the beef until lightly browned, approximately 2 minutes. Set aside on a plate.
Add butter to the pan and cook the onions and mushrooms, approximately 8 minutes.
Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute before putting the beef back in the pan. Deglaze the pan with wine or brandy and cook until it’s almost gone.
Pour in the beef stock and add in the bay leaves and mustard. Cook on medium-high heat for approx. 8 minutes.
Finish with sour cream, salt, pepper, and parsley (remove the bay leaf).
To serve, place noodles on plate and add a serving of beef, mushrooms, and juice. Garnish with a little parsley. Serves 4